Friday 3 January 2014

'Don't Dream It's Over'

So Christmas has gone for another year, and 2013 is over and done with, but a New Year brings new clothes :) This particular outfit is one I wore over Christmas though, and I thought I would show you my winter coat that I literally wear everytime I leave the house. (A little disclaimer too; some of the pictures look a bit blurry - I have no idea why they look fine on the camera :/)
 
 
 
 
 
PRIMARK JUMPER
H&M SKIRT (VERY OLD)
PRIMARK TIGHTS
ARABEL2 BOOTS (POST HERE)
 
 
 
I like this oufit because (a) it is extremely comfortable, (b) I feel like I have made an effort when I seriously haven't and (c) and everything was a bargain to buy. Slightly worrying too that I brought this skirt when I was about 13, and yes I can still fit into it ... I honestly have looked for similar versions but can't at a reasonable price. I think it cost me £14.99 back in the day, maybe even cheaper, so it has lasted ridiculously well. Naturally I am wearing the Cosy Tights from Primark which again have lasted so well (I believe this particular pair I've had for at least 3 months and has only gone 'bobbly' around the toe area so shoes cover it). This jumper is actually a size 6 which I would not have chosen if there was anymore sizes but I needed this jumper - I love the colour the shorter sleeves and the collar - but actually the size isn't too bad, even though I'm not a huge fan of 'tight' pieces of clothing.
 
THE FINER DETAILS
 
The coat I'm wearing not just with this but literally EVERYTHING is this Miss Selfridge Navy Shearling Jacket (£89) which is so warm and is the perfect length for me as I can wear it both with trousers and skirts. The navy colour I thought might be a problem but it is a much softer colour than black and the extra details like the buckles make it look much more expensive. At £89 it is not cheap, but from having this mid November I have worn it literally everyday, so well worth the price tag.
 
 
 
 
Here I was wearing my new watch from Michael Kors which I reviewed last week (read here) and is my favourite thing to wear instead of jewellery at the moment. I don't think a necklace looks right at all with this sort of neck detail, so a watch is perfect to make it look complete.
 
 
On my nails I'm wearing the Essie Nail Polish in 'Pink Diamond' (review here)  I love the colour and I think it works so well with the watch and the pink of the jumper.
 
 
My make-up today was very simple; just Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold, Maybelline Eyeliner and Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Collection Lipstick in 'Fuchsia Flash' all reviewed on my blog (click on the names to read)
 
 
 
Finally I thought I might add a little section about my hair. I always curl my hair as I do not like my hair straight, but I do try new stuff every now and again with it and thought I might show you what I tried today :
 

 
I suppose the pictures don't really show much but if you guys are interested I might do some hair stuff in the future - let me know in the comments :)
 
Hope you enjoyed this new style of post - a new year, a new start and all that :)
 
Love
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous outfit! Love your sweater!! :)

    www.ruzinscloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fluffy jumper is such a pretty color and I absolutely love how you've done your hair - gorgeous! Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful look! I adore your hairstyle and make up)) What about following each other on bloglovin'?
    Let me know, if you want to.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Of course I will follow on bloglovin - following as we speak :)

      Sarah x

      Delete