Thursday 12 December 2013

So Susan Cosmetics

Hi everyone,

So, in this post I will be reviewing a new make-up brand I came across at the Clothes Show Live last week in Birmingham.

So, before I say anything about the make-up itself, let's just take a minute to appreciate the beautiful packaging of this gorgeous make-up brand 'So Susan'. I really have a feeling this is going to be a MASSIVE future cosmetics brand!
 As I was at the Clothes Show, I got this gorgeous gift bag with four of the brands products for just £5! Honestly, I would have paid a lot more for it - and I'm sure you all would if you could see them!
 
 
The first product was this lovely make-up palette; the Intense Eye Shadow Palette. I have to say I'm not usually a fan of these sort of palettes that are already put together, but honestly these are gorgeous colours and extremely good quality. I'm not entirely sure what 'Coated Pigments' are but they sound good :) they are lovely though, and as I have green eyes, purples are the colours suggested to make your eyes pop! And don't you think the branding looks so expensive? This eye-shadow is £25, so it's not on the cheap side, but the colours and quality are something you would expect (may I say it) of a very high-end make-up brand.
 
 

The next product is a gorgeous highlighter; the Water-based Pure Luminizer. As I have quite oily skin at the moment, I've been a bit apprehensive about using highlighters, but as this says on the packaging it is even perfect for oily skin types - could you ask for anything more? (if you have oily skin that is!)
 
 
 
When I tried this the other day, it reminded me of the Topshop Glow and even Benefit's High Beam, it really is lovely and has the most gorgeous look on the skin - definitely my favourite thing that I got in the gift bag. At £25, again it is quite expensive, but what I like about this is that it isn't as bright as it is slightly gold in colour, so looks very natural.
 
Another product which I was very excited to have received was the 8-hour Cheek Stain. I have never tried a solid blush like this, but the colour is beautiful - a very bright pinky peach colour. A little goes a long way (as I experienced first hand :) ) but that just means it is going to last a LONG time, and again at £25, that's very economical!
 
 
 
The colour is like one I've never seen before though, a really lovely bright colour. I also love the fact you can just throw it into a bag and use it on-the-go, without having to take a brush with you. I think this is going to be great for in the winter to give a natural glow to the cheeks.
 
The final product, is the lovely Lip & Cheek Sublime (Moisturising Lip and Cheek Stain). At £10, it is pretty good value, and for a 2-in-1 product it just makes it better! 
 
 
 
This colour is very similar to the cheek stain above, this very unusual shade of peachy pink. It is very moisturising and is very easy to apply, and for £10, very good value. When I applied it the first time, I did notice it had gone patchy, but I think when applied properly under a lip balm after using a lip scrub it would look a lot better, but the colour did look lovely - which I suppose is one of the most important things!
 
I will leave the link to each product below, and if you are interested just look into the brand and check out their Blog. As they are an up-and-coming brand, they only have a few products online and only in certain colours, but I'm sure this will begin to change in the future!
 
I hope you like this review and check out my Clothes Show Live Post here if you want to see what else I saw there.
 
Thanks for reading,
 
Love
Sarah
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. The packaging is lovely, unlike anything I've seen before :) and the cheek and lip stains both look like they'd be really pretty shades :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the packaging is lovely - I have to keep everything in their boxes as it looks so pretty :) and yes the shades are lovely - can't wait for them to bring out more!

      Sarah x

      Delete
  2. What a deal! The packaging is lovely and these all look like great items!

    Brittnee
    http://beautyproductaday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great review!!! love the eye shadow palette! xox

    www.ruzinscloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought these at the clothes show too! They are my new favourite products x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought these at the clothes show too! They are my new favourite products x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The eye shadow pallet looks really nice, beautiful colours x x

    http://fortheimperfectlyperfect.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete