Thursday 19 December 2013

"I Put Some New Shoes On, And Suddenly Everything Is Right"

Hi everyone,

So I've been on the search for a pair of really nice flats the past few weeks as I've been living in my Topshop Arabel2 boots and my Primark Grey suede heels as they are my most comfortable shoes at the moment. I decided that I needed to get some really nice flats though to wear with skirts or trousers, and I thought I would look for a pair of loafers, which I didn't even realise were everywhere in stores at the moment.

So, when I went shopping yesterday I had a little look at every single pair of 'loafer-style' shoes and just couldn't find one the right colour, the right style, the right anything really. But then Primark surprised me once again and I found the perfect pair of loafers that were exactly how I had pictured the pair I wanted in my head.

 
At £12, they were a bargain of course, and they are a lovely maroon colour which will be perfect for all seasons; I just hope they last that long! I love the little tassels on the front as they just make them a little bit different, and honestly this was the best shape and style of loafer I had seen all day, even online.
 
 
I did have to size up on these just because they are quite thin and I have pretty wide feet, but the size 6 was a perfect fit. I also think the soles of the shoe are perfect for this ridiculously wet weather we have been having in England, and being rubber I think they will definitely last for quite a long time.
 
 
I also think they look pretty expensive for what they were; I've seen similar styles online but for a lot more money. I suppose they might not be everyone's 'cup of tea' but I think they work well as an alternative to boots in the winter as they seem pretty sturdy shoes that will last through the colder months.
 
For the sake of this post, I decided to pair them with my Topshop Mom Jeans and I think this will probably be an outfit I will wear quite regularly in the next few months. I also think they will look good with tights as the colour pretty much goes with anything.
 
 
 
 
I hope you liked this post and if I don't post before then, I hope you all have a lovely Christmas. I would have loved to have done some Christmassy posts as it's my favourite time of year but uni only finished last week and by then I'd already missed the majority of the countdown - but maybe next year!
 
Thanks for reading!
Love
Sarah
 
P.S I also hit 300 followers of my blog last night - thank you to everyone who follows my blog!

 
 

14 comments:

  1. OMG I love your shoes so much!!!

    www.ruzinscloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes are perfect - love the colour! :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoes are so cute!
    Also I've been reading through your posts and I love your blog and your style! You've got a new follower :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much that's so sweet! Thanks so much for the follow and I've followed your blog too - looking forward to reading your future posts!

      Sarah x

      Delete
  4. Love them!! So cute, especially with those trousers :)
    Have you seen what my house looks like at Christmas?
    Click www.lovefromsimmie.com to see my new post - SANTA BABY! :)

    Hope you have a merry Christmas doll,
    stay pretty.
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these these shoes! There similar to pairs I've been luging after on asos and office at probably double the price! Can always trust in primark :D x

    http://subjectbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was so happy to find them! Hope you can find them too!

      Sarah x

      Delete
  6. They are so cute!
    Love your blog, glad i found it!

    Kylie
    http://beautyineffect.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thank you, glad you like it!

      Sarah x

      Delete
  7. I love them!I will be searching for a pair of my own ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you can find them!

      Sarah x

      Delete
  8. I hope they're still there! I've been looking for a pair for ages, heading out to Oxford Street tomorrow to look again, as I am in desperate need for my work placement! Lovely blog, I just followed you on bloglovin :)

    http://fairybaking.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Luck trying to find them! Glad you like them :) I love your blog too it's so cute! Thank you!

      Sarah x

      Delete