Saturday 2 November 2013

'You're As Cold As Ice' - Winter Picks 2013

Hi everyone,

So it's not an OOTD as such today, but I just couldn't wait to show you what I picked up the other day. I also thought I would throw in a few other things I picked up at the same time as they will be coming up in future OOTD's so this is a little sneak peek I suppose :)

DRUM ROLL PLEASE .... So here is, in my opinion, the most gorgeous coat I think I've ever seen. It's from Topshop and is the most beautiful creamy white colour and is SO warm I'm sort of wishing the colder weather would just hurry up already!

 
What really caught my eye about this coat was the huge collar (which I think looks lovely)and the coat is so oversized it will be perfect for layering and the colour goes with pretty much anything. Surprisingly I haven't actually got a coat this colour - and let me tell you, I have a lot of coats. It also has a lovely texture too; it's sort of fluffy but not like that annoying fluff that sticks to your clothes constantly, but then again, I haven't worn it for a significant length of time yet! But basically it's warm - and that's the most important thing in my opinion :)
 
Okay, so the price - not cheap - but worth it, 100%. It's £89, so £80.10 with student discount, but I think this is a perfect addition to a winter wardrobe, and will be the only coat I buy this winter - I promise :)
 
Before I had this major spend though, I brought two items from Primark; one being a baby pink jumper which was £8, and looks perfect under my new coat (it was fate - I tell myself that anyway!) I haven't taken a picture of me wearing it simply because I'm sure an OOTD will be coming very soon :)

 
                                 
 
The colour is a lovely baby pink but has a white thread going through it, and it also has a sort of scoop neck to it which I think makes it look a lot more expensive than it actually is. Just to let you know I got this in a size 8, and usually I would get a size 10 as I like my jumpers oversized, but these come up bigger than normal, so if you want one I would get a size smaller, depending on the fit you like.
 
 
The last thing was something I had wanted for ages, but was always put off by the prices most stores or websites charged, so when I saw one in Primark I was over the moon :) This black faux fur lapel collar was just £6 (£6!) and has little hooks so you can clip each side together and was something I wanted last winter but just couldn't force myself to spend £20 or more on. It is actually the perfect size and shape aswell - so if you have been looking for one get to Primark ASAP!
 
 
Thanks for reading and let me know in the comments if you have brought anything good in Primark recently or any amazing coats because I would love to see them :) if you're interested I will leave the link to the coat below (but see it in the flesh if you can - the website pic does not do it justice!)
 
P.S I got on Bloglovin's Recommendations page which is super exciting!
 
 
 
 
Love
Sarah
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Love the jumper, great post ;) x
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Following you blog on Bloglovin! Looking forward to reading your posts :)

      Sarah x

      Delete
    2. Thanks Sarah, your blog is a great read :) x
      I'm following you too....
      http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  2. The coat is soo pretty!! <3 Love it

    http://needagap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your white coat is beautiful, especially with your hair!

    Xo, Kate

    Kateberlinsays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh! I want a coat like that. So fuzzy and warm!

    www.styleinterplay.com

    .....

    ReplyDelete