Saturday 16 November 2013

'Oops I Did It Again'

Hi everyone,

So I went to the Sleek counter again. Big Mistake. Superdrug are doing 3 for 2 at the moment on cosmetics so I had to take advantage of that ... it would be stupid not too.


So, if you read my last post here, you would have seen my review on the lovely 'Babydoll' lipstick from Sleek. This particular one was a sheen lipstick, so I decided to try their matte lipsticks as I only have one matte lipstick from Topshop (which is surprising as I have so many!). My first choice was the beautiful coral coloured 'Papaya Punch', which may look quite a summery colour, but when applied it isn't as 'coral' as I thought it would be, so is perfect for these winter months if you stick to a monochrome colour scheme with your clothes.
 
 
I am not a huge fan of coral lipsticks, just as I don't think it is a colour that really suits me, but this shade is the perfect coral for me as it isn't as orangey as I thought it would be.
 
The next lip product I brought was another matte lipstick in the colour 'Heartbreaker'. It is a very vibrant pink colour and reminds me of the Topshop matte lipstick in 'All About Me' (reviewed here) but is just slightly less 'in your face' - which I suppose is probably better!
 
 
What I love about these matte lipsticks by Sleek is that they are very easy to apply, and I must admit I have to prefer the matte ones, even though I love the colour of 'Babydoll', as I am not constantly having to worry about whether they have gone 'patchy' or disappeared entirely. At £4.99, I think the price is very reasonable and I think the colour range is much more exciting than any other drugstore brand out there - I definitely think Sleek need much more recognition for their products.
 
Although I can't say the formula is amazing, it does the job and if you don't mind reapplying every now and again but want some beautiful lip colours, it may be worth giving Sleek a try!
 
My final item in the 3 for 2 was something I knew would be amazing and I would have no complaints about and that was one of their incredible blushes in the colour 'Pixie Pink'. It is quite a bright pink blush in the flesh, but it is so pigmented it gives a lovely bit of colour and makes me look much more awake on an early morning! Ignoring the price (it's £4.49 if you were wondering) I would be happy with this blush if I had brought it from a high end beauty counter and they last for so long they are worth the tiny amount you pay for them. As you can tell, I am a little bit obsessed with this blush at the moment so I would 100% recommend it to anyone.
 
 
Finally, I went in to Lush (which I haven't been in for years) and went to pick up one of their Lip Scrubs as I had heard so much about them and kept putting of buying one.

 
 
I was going to try the Popcorn one, but saw that they had a new Christmas one called 'Santa's Lip Scrub' which is cola flavoured. It is quite strong smelling, but I have a weakness when it comes to anything festive! 
 
 
The product itself does the job well and really helps when applying lipstick as you notice the difference immediately. It also has little glitter hearts in it just to add to the festive spirit! I would highly recommend trying one of their lip scrubs as I think at £5.50 the price is reasonable, and they will hopefully last for a long time (and if you love lipstick as much as I do then this is a saviour).
 
I hope you enjoyed reading this little beauty haul and let me know if you have tried any of these products in the comments, and also if you would recommend any other of Sleek's products - let's try and get them more well known! I will leave a link to the products below,
 
Thanks for reading,
Love
Sarah
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Sleek have some wonderful products - I wish my local Superdrug would stock Sleek! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - you should start a petition! Thanks for commenting :)

      Sarah x

      Delete
  2. I love Sleek blushes -will have to invest in Pixie Pink! :)

    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lip scrub looks amazing! I keep meaning to buy the bubblegum one but always forget and can never stand the smell of the shop haha! Btw I've nominated you for the Versatile Award. Check out my post http://gemstrends.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/versatile-award.html for more info :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 for 2 offers are dangerous!! I feel like I have to buy something then haha

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love matte lipsticks, these two look and sound lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh that Santa lip scrub looks amazing- though I too feel like I must own something just because it's Christmas themed ha ha. Alice xx http://aliceinthelookingglass.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete