Monday 23 September 2013

Clinique High Impact Mascara Review

Hi everyone,

So I have quite a love/hate relationship with mascaras. For some reason I always have some problem with them i.e. they aren't very easy to get off (causing me to get sore eyes which is not a good look) or they actually don't do anything at all, so basically my eyelashes look the same as they did without it ... and the list continues.

For a while I had been using the Benefit They're Real Mascara, and had really been enjoying using it as I didn't feel the need to use eyeshadow or eyeliner as my eyelashes looked nice enough on their own (I was actually just about to review it!).

But after a few weeks I realised that my eyes were getting dry and sore (let me just say this was not due to the formula or anything like that so don't worry!) as I was struggling to get it off in the evening. I was so dissapointed as I finally thought I had found a mascara that I really loved, but I'm afraid it had to go straight in the bin :( (not out of choice trust me! And please let me know if you have had problems with it too! I don't want to be the only one!)

So the search continued again, and luckily I found the Clinique High Impact Mascara and I love it!
 
I find it is actually quite similar to the Benefit They're Real Mascara (which I am very happy about!) and it is so much easier to remove too. I also found the Benefit Mascara could be quite unpleasant to apply as the brush could catch my eyelashes, but this Clinique one is lovely to use. At £16.50, it isn't on the cheap side, but I justify it by saying my eyes deserve it!
 
 
The mascara comes in Black and Black/Brown and would really recommend it if you like a thicker formula that gives the look of longer lashes.
 
 
Let me know if you have tried this in the comments and you're opinions on it, and I will leave the link to it below:
 
 
 
Love
Sarah


21 comments:

  1. Have you tried MAC cleanse off oil? It takes off any mascara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks that sounds great! My birthday is in 2 weeks so this will be on my list! Thank you!

      Sarah x

      Delete
  2. I am following you on Bloglovin, I love your blog!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love your's too! So professional!

      Sarah x

      Delete
  3. A friend recommended Johnsons baby shampoo as a really good eye makeup remover, for the price its worth a try :)

    http://avpaccessories.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! I never thought of that! Thank you!

      Sarah x

      Delete
  4. Such a great post! I love this mascara too and I am always very particular with what suits my lashes!

    Lyndsey xxx

    http://www.ellelaww.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Love your blog so following on bloglovin!

      Sarah x

      Delete
  5. Hello! I love your blog. I followed your blog on bloglovin. Do you mind following me back on bloglovin and GFC and adding me on your circles as well? Keep in touch ♥
    http://wakingupinblush.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have followed you on bloglovin and look forward to reading your blog!

      Sarah x

      Delete
  6. I love your blog, I'm following you on Bloglovin :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've also followed on bloglovin! Looking forward to reading your posts :)
      Sarah x

      Delete
  7. You have such a lovely blog! I have nominated you for the Liebster award! :) all the details are on my latest blog post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a lovely blog! I have nominated you for the leibster award! all the details are on my latest blog post! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That is so sweet :) im so glad you like my blog!

      Sarah x

      Delete
  9. Your blog is so so cute ^.^ I can see that you're very passionate about blogging :)

    http://needagap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) your blog is lovely too and following on bloglovin! Thank you I'm so glad it comes across how much I love it - and thanks for the follow on bloglovin!

      Sarah x

      Delete
  10. Congratulations i have nominated you for a Leibster Award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much that is so sweet :)

      Sarah x

      Delete
  11. This sounds amazing! Unfortunately I'm allergic to every clinique mascara I've ever tried boo :(
    I also really struggle to get their real off too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm picky with mascaras too, I'm glad you've found one that works for you! xx

    ReplyDelete