Friday 16 August 2013

First Impressions: Maybelline Baby Lips

I've been so excited for the launch of the Maybelline Baby Lips here in the UK as I had seen them being raved about on all my favourite American beauty blogs. But finally the wait is over and they were released here in the UK earlier this month!


 I decided to purchase just one to start with just in case I wasn't sure about them, but I really can understand why bloggers have been so excited about them. To begin with, they are just £2.99 (which is pretty reasonable in my opinion) and they come in 6 different varieties. I decided to go for the one that caught my eye when I reached the Maybelline counter which was Pink Punch, this gorgeous bright pink shade. 



What I love about the product is that it is quite moisturising and works as a lip balm (although I can't quite agree with its claim that it lasts for 8 hours as it quickly disappears after eating or drinking). I love the colour and I was actually quite impressed with how bright the colour looked on, as I was expecting it to not show up very well. Although the picture makes the lipbalm look quite sheer, it is buildable so it can either be this sheer or a brighter colour if applied liberally.



Another thing I love about the Baby Lips is that it smells just like tropical juice! It might not be everyone's cup of tea having a scented lip balm, but I really love sweet scents so I love it!

I am definitely going to purchase more of the Baby Lips and I just hope that the other varieties are just as good! I hope that Maybelline bring out more colours as well, as I don't think 6 is enough!

Let me know if you have tried out the Maybelline Baby Lips and I hope you found this post helpful and interesting! Let me know in the comments!


Love
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment